Mytheresa.com Exceeds Expectations

Monday, June 4, 2012

As I wrote earlier, I recently purchased my very first Fendi (usually, I would just borrow them from my mom or my sister.)

I also mentioned that I found it online for $725 LESS than at the Fendi store in Dubai. If they tell you "oh, Dubai is cheaper since you don't pay taxes", they are gravely misinformed!

I found my Fendi at Mytheresa.com and I decided to write a little something about the site since it got mixed reviews on SiteJabber.

Company Name: MyTheresa.com
Location: Germany
Contact Information: +49 89 679707-100, Monday to Friday, from 8:00am till 8:00pm CET (with the exception of German public holidays)

Website
The website is easy to use and has everything from designer dresses, shoes and bags to hats, scarves and small leather goods. The pictures of the goods are high resolution and you can really see the item thoroughly. Also, each item is described in complete details like washing instructions and materials it's made of (100% cotton, for example).

Sizing & Quality
I purchased a handbag so I am not sure if the clothes "true to size". But since the website sells predominantly designer goods (like Alexander McQueen and Balenciaga), the sizing depends on what brand you choose. To make things easier, go to the mall and try on a dress then try to find it on the site for half the price.

Payment
The site accepts all major credit cards, but does not have a Pay Pal payment option. It's really easy and take a few steps to complete the whole process. You receive an email confirmation as soon as you click the check out button.

Shipping
There is only one shipping option, which is with DHL with a standard shipping rate of €34 ($43). It takes 1 - 4 business days to deliver your items anywhere in the world. I got a tracking number the next day after my order.

It comes in a beautiful and large ribbon-wrapped box with MyTheresa.com inscribed. It's truly beautiful and feels great to unwrap.

I ordered my bag on May 31 and received it June 3. I could have gotten it earlier on June 2 but it was a weekend and had the package shipped to my office. It came the next day at exactly the same time I was told by the DHL representative.  

Customer Service
Since my experience went smoothly, I did not use the customer service for complaints. I did, however, email them for the tracking number almost immediately after I made my order to check their customer service response time. I received a reply within 24 hours and it answered all my queries.

Return Policy
Like I said, I loved my bag and did not need to return it. However, if I did, my package came with return papers which I can easily attach to a box and send it back to Germany. For more information, click here for MyTheresa.com's policy for exchanges and returns.

Overall, my experience was wonderful. I just didn't like that I had to pay $84 (311 Dirhams) for customs and duties. This has nothing to do with MyTheresa and I knew that for any amount above a certain threshold, you have to pay duties and customs. Just a heads up if you are living in Dubai.

Happy Online Shopping!

2 comments: